Wednesday 3 May 2023

No, Not the Alukah!

 Hi All,

I thought I would just post to say that I am feeling much better, however, I have been having multiple outpatient appointments and attempting but not getting a GP appointment, hence my absence of late.

Last week was the lung people, as I had a plural effusion (water inbetween lungs) on the right side. Thankfully it has gone down and they decided not to drain it and I have to live with it.

Today was the hemotology people (that is the study of blood). The clot should be gone in  a couple of months, but I still have to take blood thinners and my spleen is still enlarged, which they believe is the fault of my liver 'issues'- i.e. is the spleen enlarged because of damage to the liver and those absesses- for which I have a CT and then a Fibrosis scan in the next few weeks.  

But they also have to look at the hemotological 'pathway' too.

To be able to see if it is a 'hemotological problem' i.e. blood cancer,  or not, I  have had blood tests today filling 10 test tubes, across 2 arms as my veins aren't as good as they were*.  and in the next 2 weeks, I will having a bone marrow biospy, which will be taken from the hip, via a needle. Nice.

Anyway tomorrow is a meeting with the dietician.





*because of having blood tests every day for 4 weeks in hospital and then repeat blood tests at GP and Outpatient clinics as well as multiple canulars while in hospital, the only place they didn't get was my foot as I'm diabetic, also had to have a test when they took blood directly from the arterial line, which only doctors are allowed to do. I have have not yet had any Alukah (leeches), which is to my a great disappointment. Maybe I will be getting a call from the AlukahLilith, Motetz Dam, Vampyres, Strigoi and Moroi at some point. In the meantime there is always blood tests. Only joking. Blood tests are very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defence policy is in Νεφελοκοκκυγία

 Hi All, Much to my delight I have learned something new today and that is that Cloud Cocko Land was first thought up by the ancient Greeks,...