Sunday 17 January 2021

"We're not all 'Rob Roys' "

 Hi All,

During the -how many weeks has it been?- time of lockdown I've been watching some old videos (yep still have a VHS as well as a DVD player) of Tony Hancock, a comedian from the 1950s/1960s,  who appeared both on the radio and T.V.  My grandparents enjoyed listening and then watching this show, when they were finally able to afford a t.v. in the early 1960s.

Here is a clip from one of his best known 'the blood donor' . I think that the Scottish impression is hilarious and in its in own way is how the SNP today portray Scotland. But then as the Scottish doctor tartly says 'we're not all Rob Roys' . Indeed a lesson for the SNP in all of that too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Defence policy is in Νεφελοκοκκυγία

 Hi All, Much to my delight I have learned something new today and that is that Cloud Cocko Land was first thought up by the ancient Greeks,...