Monday 29 January 2018

Will Brexit actually happen?

Hi All,

One thing about the current media age is the massive flow of constantly changing information and headlines. We often can't see the wood through the trees and rarely give ourselves time to take a step back. I found this video on YouTube. It is interesting because to my mind this is exactly how the EU - and indeed government remainers- are doing. It's interesting because of course the FT was a remain paper. This was also published shortly after the vote. At the time it could have been interpreted as a remain dream or hope. In retrospect it seems like a startling piece of analysis. I want Brexit to happen, that is real "hard"  brexit.

But my gut says that it won't happen. The conservatives have messed this up and I'm being to think it is by deliberate design , rather than just poor management or leadership. A fudge like the one described below will happen. Another vote will be called.... etc. What is unknown is how the other half of the country reacts to this and if the arch remainers think that will be the end of the matter, they will sadly be mistaken.

The can of worms that an overturning of the first referendum will unleash is not good. A democratic  country can survive economic downturns, which was the "worst case" scenario (I believed and still do it was scaremongering of the highest order and remainers say the Brexit side lied!) .  But a democratic country cannot survive when the very fundamental of democracy i.e. how people vote , their wants and concerns, is not only ignored but overruled. 

But , anyway I recommend watching the two minutes below and give me your thoughts as ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Defence policy is in Νεφελοκοκκυγία

 Hi All, Much to my delight I have learned something new today and that is that Cloud Cocko Land was first thought up by the ancient Greeks,...