Friday 9 June 2023

Nice weather, naughty NHS

 Hi All,

Well we are currently enjoying the sunshine and am reading 'the daily star'. Why, you might ask am I reading this paper, when I could read a broadsheet. Well it is simply because I find that the broadsheets of the left and right have increasingly become 'hacks' in the worse possible sense. For example if one reads one of the 2 left of centre papers, which at least used to be 'intelligent' all you read nowadays is intersectional arguments and constant moaning about Brexit ,Trump and Brexit. It is as if they have gone beyond a self -parody or satire of themselves. The same is true of the right of centre papers. So why not read about aliens, women being better at BBQ's and things about AI. Plus they have much better headlines. 

In any case I need to relax as my ongoing recovery is being frustrated. I think I've been to the hospital or GP at least 1 day of the week for the past couple of months. One thing to note is that if you can get appointments, it is good if you don't work, because if you do it's a nightmare to organise. The latest thing is the bioposy result (I also have issues with high blood pressure, which we dealt with last week finally, although calling up the pharmacy today, I have to wait until 4 for my diabeties and blood thinners). 

Now that biposy was one of the most painful thing I've undergone in my life, I could feel the blood/marrow being sucked out and the 4 times attempt (by 2 consultants) to get the bone out meant something that is supposed to take 10 minutes, took an hour.  But waiting for the results, which haven't come has meant no less than 3 cancelled appointments. Today they tried to get me to go on monday, but after checking they didn't have the results, so there is no point in going. The latest cancelled appointment was because of the doctor's strike. Why book me in if that's the case? Plus I tried to get another thursday appointment, no the consultant doesn't do clinics on that day. So why did I origionally have a Thursday appointment? Don't ask. 

Anyways enough about me. Hope you are all okay.

Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defence policy is in Νεφελοκοκκυγία

 Hi All, Much to my delight I have learned something new today and that is that Cloud Cocko Land was first thought up by the ancient Greeks,...