Wednesday 19 January 2022

In the Name of G-d GO!

 Hi All, 

David Davis-  The ex SAS man, whom I actually voted for as Conservative Party Leader, rather than David Cameron  back in my student days (& apparently 'dishy' according to my sister of 'riper years' ) - speaks for the nation when he tells Boris Johnson 'In the Name of G-d Go' . This echoes a famous speech in the House of Commons in 1940, wherein Leo Amery did the same to arch appeaser Neville Chamberlain and was in fact quoting one Oliver Cromwell....Johnson said he doesn't recognise the reference , despite wanting to be modelled on Churchill...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Defence policy is in Νεφελοκοκκυγία

 Hi All, Much to my delight I have learned something new today and that is that Cloud Cocko Land was first thought up by the ancient Greeks,...