Sunday 27 May 2018

Tea or coffee? Honey and lemon?

Hi All,

One of my cultural idiosyncrasies is never to have milk with coffee or tea.  Instead , as per my grandparents who called it Chai,  I have lemon and a dollop or two of honey with "black" tea- infused twice-  with seeds called cardamom . I  just have honey with my coffee.  It's better than having this awkward political correct "with milk ?"  Question , rather than "black or white". But in both cases the tea and the coffee have an extremely strong taste and full blown is more viscous than the British way of making these beverages.

I'm not sure why my grandparents  did this,  as tea , sugar and milk are kosher, but it is a tradition I've stuck to anyways.  I also know that my Moroccan Jewish relatives are prone to have saffron tea. 

But what do you have as a tradition for drinking beverages such as tea and coffee? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defence policy is in Νεφελοκοκκυγία

 Hi All, Much to my delight I have learned something new today and that is that Cloud Cocko Land was first thought up by the ancient Greeks,...