Tuesday 9 October 2018

Sammy



Dudes,

My upbringing was stricter than any Victorian headmaster, being told the importance of  the family and getting off your backside to work , which I did in lieu of pocket money(with a percentage given to my uncle and grandparents, although to be fair they invested it to pay for whatever education I'd need).

 I learned my Torah & Talmud quicker than my timetable. That and how to cook , working in the family biz  and farming and boarding school.  I can still remember my first thrashing by the school master over being "impertinent" 

My summer was spent in the  north Yorkshire wilderness ,   with my sisters  Esther, Ruth, Hannah , Rachel ,tending sheep and chanting  psalms in English and then the Sephardic Hebrew, followed  Torah study in the evening. I enlisted in the IDF at 19. I couldn't take to university .


I  finished my national service &  because of the fact I'd been the units cook, I got a job back in England at  burger king,  where in all fairness they trained me up all the way to NVQ kitchen manager level.... Worked in several kitchen pubs, curry houses, Caribbean restaurants and greasy spoon breakfast places   .  Went to France for four years "to become a proper chef" and then  worked in some Michelin London restaurants. Started a few of my own with success and failures.  Met my French wife, went back to Israel.  Two children and a third on the way later ...

The rest is the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defence policy is in Νεφελοκοκκυγία

 Hi All, Much to my delight I have learned something new today and that is that Cloud Cocko Land was first thought up by the ancient Greeks,...