Wednesday 9 May 2018

Who cool

Hi All,

Dr Who is still cool  (And as I've said before Jewish) .


Its no secret than I'm a doctor who fan. So much so if I ever became the show runner I'd only ask to be paid the minimum wage  write for free ... I've even knitted myself a Tom baker multi coloured scarf 😃!

But what I like about the Doctor is that there are incredible Jewish ethos and  influences on the show: the creator was a Canadian Jew as the first producer was Jewish. Also the actor who played the first companion was Jewish as well.

The idea of a somewhat intelligent , grumpy alien going around time and space, combating evil ,  represents the Jewish ideas of actions repairing the world.  Also the Doctor is an exile from his homeland. Whilst he maintained he ran away and is quite happy with this , deep down in the show there is a desire for him to go back home.... but he also combines this with the British trate of character and pluck.

Like my favourite scene ever from who, when the Doctor refuses to bow to a false god in this case fittingly an Egyptian one , albeit an super powerful alien:

The Doctor

Serve you, Sutekh? Your name is abominated in every civilised world, whether that name be Set, Satan, Sadok...

Sutekh: Serve me, Doctor!

The Doctor: Never!

Sutekh: [turning his torture beams on the Doctor, laughingly] You pit your puny will against mine? Kneel!


Sutekh: [laughingly] Kneel before the might of Sutekh!


[Forces the Doctor to his knees]

Sutekh: In my presence, you are an ant, a termite. Abase yourself, you grovelling insect!

That's from the well cool pyramids of Mars





It's not just  me who has a speculated on Dr who as a Jewish character :

And Here

Plus there's the beyond  well cool theme tune:



And another song :



No comments:

Post a Comment

Defence policy is in Νεφελοκοκκυγία

 Hi All, Much to my delight I have learned something new today and that is that Cloud Cocko Land was first thought up by the ancient Greeks,...