Sunday 7 January 2018

Trigger warnings for failure?

A friend of mine or more accurately an associate on my course , said that they had recently been playing a couple of games online via various apps. She said that she felt "triggered" by the fact that sometimes she lost and words came up along the lines of "level failed. You did not reach the goal". She felt that there should be a law by which games come with "trigger warnings" about  failing  and explaining that it is actually ok to fail , that it isn't you whose at fault. 

My response was that , aside from being a ludicrous suggestion, success and failure were just part of normal existence and nothing to be triggered about;  also that part of good conduct is to be magnanimous in victory or defeat. 

She said I was being  harsh  & nasty. 

Was I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defence policy is in Νεφελοκοκκυγία

 Hi All, Much to my delight I have learned something new today and that is that Cloud Cocko Land was first thought up by the ancient Greeks,...