Wednesday 8 November 2017

On blogging

Hi All,

There's three ways of blogging. The first is to find a couple of blogs and comment on them. The second is to write a blog of your own. The third is to try to do both of the above.

Whenever I log into my Google blogging account, the page has an ad with the words :

"Publish  your passions your way"

And indeed this is exactly why someone should blog : to get off one's chest whatever bug bear you have or whatever it is you want to say. You do blogging for yourself and if others like it they will comment. You have to keep going on because while people may read the blog, it takes quite a lot for people to comment on it.

What I find difficult is that when you try to write your own blog -and it isn't easy keeping up with daily posts - and in addition comment elsewhere you tend to spread yourself thinly and sooner or later one has to give. 

On balance I think I prefer writing for my own blog or in this case a joint blog with my partner. I often find when you comment on other blogs you can end up with a situation wherein you batter your head against a brick wall or you end up trying to argue on multiple fronts with several different commentators, which ends up draining you of time and energy.

By contrast I find that while our blog is relatively small in commentators (but surprisingly a fair amount of people actually read it)  that now we've sorted out the comments system we can have intelligent and adult discussion , while having a laugh. This is the way blog commenting should be and I bet if you asked a blogger with hundreds of comments , that they'd prefer the handful that can contribute in a meaningful way. This isn't to say that blogs should be devoid of criticism or debate. But I do think even under pseudonyms one should have a certain standard. Even if it is difficult to maintain .

So in short I'm looking forward to getting back into focus and focusing on blogging here  rather than chasing my tail in other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defence policy is in Νεφελοκοκκυγία

 Hi All, Much to my delight I have learned something new today and that is that Cloud Cocko Land was first thought up by the ancient Greeks,...